The cryogenic tooling treatment, or metal hardening, process uses low-temperature cooling to change the molecular structure of machine tools to mitigate the wear and extend their expected life span.
Cutting tools are cooled to sub-zero temperatures using liquid nitrogen to modify them at a molecular level to enhance physical and mechanical properties.
The Advantages of Cryogenic Tool Treatments include:
- Improving wear properties for extended part life
- Reducing replacement costs and downtime
- Reducing friction and surface roughness
- Enabling easier machining to tighter tolerances
- Increasing dimensional stability on critical components
- Reduce stress fracturing
Your Single Source of Total Solutions
We look beyond today to increase efficiency and serve businesses in aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and other industries.
Finished Means Finished. Done
We eliminate the need for your parts to go elsewhere.